VRTK is a VR game development framework for the Unity game enigne that supports multiple VR SDKs and devices as well as simulation mode for working without headsets using keyboard and mouse support.
Get VRTK and SteamVR from Github
Do not download VRTK and SteamVR unity plugins from the Asset Store. Those are out of date or incompatible versions.
Instead, go to Github to get versions of the VRTK and SteamVR that work together.
- Download the VRTK 3.3 project folder, ideally with Git tool like SourceTree.
- Download the SteamVR 1.2.3 unity package and import it.
- Open the VRTK project folder in Unity and import the SteamVR package.
Use our VRTK Omnicontroller package
VRTK Omnicontroller is a unified combination of all VRTK’s functionality in a single controller with support for all the locomotion and interaction styles with defaults tuned for accessibility to seated players and dvanced locomotion availble for room-scale.
- It is based on VRTK 3.3 and SteamVR 1.2.3, the current stable github versions that work together.
- REQUIRES UNITY 2018.1 (You may be able to update it to later versions but it might break with earlier ones).
How to use VRTK for the first time
You can read about VRTK on their documentation.