Simbridge is an FPS/VR simulation of Noisebridge Hackerspace. It exists to share what hackerspaces are about with those who haven’t been to one like Noisebridge yet and to showcase creative projects.
The simulation of learning activity stations within the space such as 3D printers, soldering and laser cutting serves to demonstrate the kinds of things people can make and do at hackerspaces.
Make your Own Hackerspace
Simbridge is meant to inspire other hackerspaces to simulate their own floorplan and unique cultural elements. The activity station simulations are meant to be re-useable so that hackerspaces can share these complex modules while uniquely designing the space around them to reflect their local architecture and decorations.
- Download the Simbridge files and begin hacking on it
- Or clone the repo using Git version control tools such as Sourcetree
- Fork it to create a version for your local hackerspace’s layout
- Decorate yours with the creative projects from your space
- Tell us about what you make with it